Your vape tends to accompany you wherever you go and in the summertime, making the possibility of accidentally dropping it in the water quite common. If you find yourself in a situation, there's no need to feel embarrassed since it happens to almost everyone at some point. However, water and electric wires do not mix well, and dropping a vape in water often leads to permanent damage. Yet, if submerged, there might be a glimmer of hope to resurrect your device. We will provide tips that could potentially revive your vape, saving you from prematurely discarding it.
What Will Happen After I Drop My Vape in Water?
If you accidentally drop your vape in water, the crucial first step is to remove it from the water immediately. Unless the device has dedicated safeguards against water ingress, moisture will swiftly infiltrate its internals.
To prevent water from infiltrating the internal parts, it is necessary to promptly remove the device from the water. With a stroke of luck, you can retrieve the device before the water can contaminate its delicate components.
Under no circumstances should you attempt to use the device after it has been wet, as this could lead to a short circuit. If the device has a removable battery, remove it immediately. Also, leaving the battery door open will promote airflow, aiding in drying.
How Do I Fix My Vape After Dropping It In Water?
Quick action is crucial to prevent a short circuit if you accidentally drop your vaping device in water. Here's what you should do:
- Remove the device from the water immediately.
- If possible, remove the removable battery and leave the cover open.
- For devices with removable tanks or pods, separate and set them aside. You can rinse and air dry these components if needed, as they don't pose a risk of short-circuiting.
- Disassemble your vape as much as possible to encourage airflow.
- Use paper towels to absorb excess water from the device's surface. Dry the chamber or battery compartment thoroughly.
- Blow through the device's air intake hole for disposable vapes while covering the bottom hole with a paper towel. This can help remove water from the device.
By following these steps, you can increase the chances of recovering your vape and prevent further damage caused by water exposure. If you need new replacement parts for your vaporizers, visit SutraVape.com—we have everything you need to satisfy and complete your vaporizing experience.